December 2, 2011

"There's no next time. It's now or never."


Rant and tip for December 2, 2011

Quote: "There's no next time. It's now or never." Unknown

I chose this quote because I find it necessary to realize there is no next time. We get one shot at this life and we need to get it right this time. It is now or never. Now is for this lifetime. We do no know what the future may hold for us. We do not know what tomorrow will bring. I made a choice to change my eating habits so I could have a healthier life. I chose to work out the way I do so I could enjoy being healthier. One of the benefits that have come my way is the opportunity to go to the World Bench Press Competition. I may never get this opportunity again. However I do plan on training just as hard and maybe harder to make this a regular event in my life. I also do not know how long my body will allow me to continue working this hard and continue to make gains. I plan on making the gains for as long as I can. The time is now! I look forward to the future and know that as long as I continue to eat properly and maintain an active lifestyle I will be able to enjoy life. You to can be successful as long as you choose to start now and not think I will be able to do it next time.

Training went well yesterday, I worked my shoulders and biceps and will work my back and triceps today. I need to make sure I work all muscle groups every week. Besides the big three lifts I think it is important to work all the supportive muscles just as strenuously. I really want to hit my back hard today with some weighted pull-ups and will hold a dumbbell between my legs to do that. Since I do not have a belt that I can hang the weights from holding the dumbbell between my legs will just have to do, 50 pounds should be a good weight to work with. Then single-arm rows and seated rows, when I do the seated rows the cable machine doesn’t hold enough weight so I ask the person at the desk to stand on the rack for the added weight. This gives me a good workout.

People often ask me how I am able to maintain my diet while people around me eat anything and everything they want. I really just tell them I made a choice to eat this way and that is that. People at work know what my diet is like and I have to say they are all supportive. They are may not feel it is something they could do but are supportive and admire the willpower I display on a daily basis. However, like I have stated in a previous post that it is no longer willpower that is being displayed it is just my lifestyle. It was a choice I made because there is not NEXT TIME; IT IS NOW OR NEVER!

Have a great workout!

Tip: Don’t Break the Habit – The easiest way to keep things going is simply not to stop. Avoid long breaks in exercising or rebuilding the habit will take some effort. This may be advice a little too late for some people. But if you have an exercise habit going, don’t drop it at the first sign of trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment