December 14, 2011

There is one quality that one must possess to win

Rant and Tip for December 14, 2011

Quote: "There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it." Napoleon Hill

We are need to be definite in our purpose, we need to have that desire to possess that which we know we want. Our exercise goals need to be definite and purposeful as do our dietary needs. I definitely want to stay healthy and maintain a good physique. Of cause for me this all seems to go hand in hand and I believe this goes hand in hand for everyone. Be definite in your purpose. Cheating on your diet or passing on your exercise is not being definite in your purpose.

Training for me today will include weight core as do most Wednesday afternoons and then this evening will be working in the bench shirt. I am looking forward to getting the shirt on and feeling some heavy weight in my hands. I want to try to start pushing weight that I have never tried to press before. I want to tax the central nervous system and get it use to handling very heavy loads. My core exercises will consist of

 Weighted crunches
 Cable pull throughs
 Side bends
 Weighted Leg raises
 Kneeling cable crunches

Done correctly and with enough weight I should be able to get a great workout in. My workout partner has been laid up with a bum shoulder. It is something he has had for a very long time. He has had this even prior to working out with me. Many times during a workout I would have to pull his upper arm into the right position for the lift. He finally decided to see someone about it and is going through physical therapy now. Hopefully he will be back soon.
Some time ago I remember telling you that if you have a workout partner it may help with your motivation. I have to admit I seem to hit a little harder when I have a workout partner. Don’t get me wrong I still get to the gym and push myself, it just seems I get a little extra umph out of each set with a spotter/workout partner there.

My way of eating is right on track and I am working on just shedding about 5 pounds in body fat. This will put me at a nice place for the New York State Championships and then the World meet in May. I am already getting stoked about both events. For me at this point I am eating the right foods it s a matter of getting the amount down correctly to make sure I maintain muscle and shed the little fat I do have on my body. I am not a metabolicly gifted a human being. I do have to work at watching what I eat and how much of it I do eat. When I first started eating correctly my fat came off quickly compared to many of my friends on the Atkins boards. However now being as low as I am in body fat, the few pounds of fat I carry enjoys being right where it is. No big deal it will be gone in time for March.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Workout like you mean it. If your form of exercise is to walk, walk with a purpose, get the hart pumping. Push yourself no matter what your form of exercise is. You are so worth it, just ask yourself and the answer should be yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment