December 15, 2011

“Only 10 more days to Christmas”

Rant and Tip for December 15, 2011

Quote: “Only 10 more days to Christmas” Everyone you run into today

Yes that is right only 10 more days till Christmas. This means Christmas parties, Christmas dinner and all the fixings that go along with it. The best present you can give yourself is to plan ahead for these events and enjoy. Stay on plan, continue to exercise, and you will be much happier with yourself after the holiday if you do.

Did my heavy core exercises yesterday and they went great. The cable chops hit my core nicely and I can even feel some DOMS in the lower back. FEELS GREAT!. Worked in the bench shirt last night and went very well I am starting to make the shirt work for me instead of the shirt working me over. The end of the workout had me benching 405 very easily mind you to a 3 board. I can easily see 405 going up with a touch to the chest. I should be able to build nicely onto that. Today I will be hitting my back with a lot of pulling exercises. Seated, and single arm rows, lat pull downs, pulling exercises that hit the upper, lower and middle trapezius muscles and finish with bent over rows. Tomorrow I want to feel DOMS in the rest of my back. With a large back you have a nice foundation for the bench and the thicker the back is the less distance you have to lower the weight. LOL every little bit helps.
You can follow the same back exercises for yourself if you like.

Diet is going well, I ate perfectly yesterday. Protein levels were just right not too much and not too little. I believe the perfect level of protein is 1.5 grams per lean body mass. That is the goal I am shooting for. The first step to achieving this goal is to have you body fat composition done. There are a few ways to do this. You can get a tape measure and find a website that lets you put in the calculations or you can have it done by a trainer with calipers. I like the caliper method best and think it is more accurate. However with this said the tape measure way will get you in the right range. Once you know your body fat percent you can subtract that from your total weight and you can calculate the amount of protein you need.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Plan Plan Plan I cannot say this enough for the holiday season. You are already writing a list for everything, just include your diet plan and your exercise schedule. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment