December 21, 2011

Rant and Tip for December 21, 2011

Quote: “Belief creates the actual fact.” William James

If you know in your heart it can and will become fact. I know I will somehow raise the money needed to get to Plzen, in the Czech Republic. I believe that I will reach new heights in my quest to improve in the three lifts. I believe I can and will stay the course for my way of eating for the rest of my life. All these things will become fact.  You need to believe in yourself if you are to be successful in the changes you want to make in your life. You need to believe you are worth those changes and no matter what anyone else says to you or implies about your new lifestyle you are worth it.

I have a friend she is actually in England and she once told me to envision my lifts in my head and imagine all the things that could go incorrectly. Then make those things get smaller and smaller in my minds eye until they are miniscule in thought. Then imagine the lift again only this time everything is perfect, my form, the path of the bar, my intensity and the bar completing the lift. Then make that image brighter and sharper in my mind’s eye. Make it happen in my mind. Believe that it will happen and it will become fact. I now do this the morning of a meet; I also have started righting down my goal weights everyday in a statement. Such as “ I will bench press 357 in June 2012”. Again I think this type of thought and behavior will only strengthen my resolve and also if you take on this approach you will give you the will and power to make your beliefs, actual facts.

Bench shirt benching tonight and I will be trying a new shirt tonight. This shirt is not as powerful as the Katana I have. It will help me nail down the stroke in the lift. The over all training is going very well and I am pleased with my progress. I was sick yesterday and was not able to workout, as I wanted to. So I will have to make up the session sometime this weekend. I will of course work my core today and get in about 30 minutes of intense cardio. My shoulders feel pretty good today and I am excited about tonight’s possibilities.

I have been playing with my diet a little and have allowed myself to put on a little fat, about 5-lbs worth. I have talked to a world champion regarding getting stronger and he made the suggestion as a way to ultimately get stronger. I will let you know how that works out. I really just increased my calories to very high levels and it is scary how quickly those 5 pounds came on. I can still see my abs and that amazes me. This just tells me I have put on more muscle.

For those of you in the Albany NY area keep an eye on the Times Union NewsPaper. Mark McGuire a columnist with the paper interviewed me a week or so ago and to me that his article will be in the paper on this Sunday. That is right Christmas day. So if you get the chance after you are done celebrating take the time to read it. I will be interested myself to see how he tells the story. I wanted to make sure I pointed out that it, “It does not matter how old you are, you can make the changes in your life and get healthy and fit.” We are not old dogs who cannot learn new tricks.

Have a great workout!

Tip:  If you want permanent results you need to make a permanent change. You need to pick a diet program with which you can live. This diet needs to be a full on approach to nutrition.  Don’t forget to exercise as well! To achieve a lean, healthy, physique requires exercise as well as a proper diet.



No comments:

Post a Comment