December 29, 2011

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change


Rant and Tip for December 29, 2011

Quote: Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn

I find it funny lately that many of these quotes I find get me thinking about the changes I need to make. I hope they do the same for you. There are things in everyone’s life that they would like to see changed. However, we all tend to sit back and let the status quo run our lives. The negative things seem to become the norm for us. This is not necessarily a good thing. In my own life I have allowed some negative people to impact my life and not in a good way. I became the fat person you see in my before photos. I let the competitive athlete in me get drowned and pushed aside. I started to believe all the negative things this person was telling me about myself. I have started making the changes I needed to make to rebuild my confidence and now I am at a point where I will never turn back. Now you may not have the negative influences in your life that I have, however, you will not be able to make the changes in your life that are necessary until you choose to make those changes. You cannot sit back and wait for the changes to take place. Take the bull by the horns and do something about it. You are so worth it!!

Benching went very well yesterday. I concentrated on my form and made sure to keep my shoulders tight. After my 5x5 workout I chose to do some board presses. Using 335 lbs. I proceeded to do a set of 8 reps. It felt good and I felt strong. After the first set I went to a 1 board with 335 and just did one rep. After the flat benching was done a friend of mine who is recuperating from a shoulder injury was working with some lightweight. I chose to do some incline benching with this weight for high reps. I like to hit the fast twitch muscles whenever I can. It is always a good thing to shake up your workout to confuse the muscles. DOMS has set into my legs and I am pleased with the results from Tuesday’s workout. Lesson to you today is to make sure you make changes in your workout otherwise your muscles will not progress.

I was properly fueled for my workout and that is why it went as well as it did. I once had a trainer tell me to eat like a king at breakfast, a nobleman at lunch and a pauper at dinner. This works out pretty well for me because I workout I eat lunch and after I eat breakfast. Then of course there is the snack at mid morning that really gives me the fuel need for the workout.

Tip: If you are eating a low carbohydrate lifestyle you will need to fuel the body with healthy fats. You can get a good healthy fat source from an avocado. It is chuck full of Omega 3 fats and you can fix it many different ways. Personally, I like to just cut it in half and eat it with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment