December 7, 2011

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”



Everest
Rant and Tip for December 7, 2011

Quote: “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” Sir Edmund Hillary

From those who have conquered Mt Everest to those of us who conquer our weight challenges the one thing that stands true is we have to conquer ourselves first. Once we have conquered the reasons we have allowed ourselves to get to the point that we have to do something about our weight; the weight will come off. As you make your way through your new lifestyle change, it is important to take stock in yourself and make the changes needed in other areas of your life so you do not find yourself back to where you were. How many times have you or someone you know lost a lot of weight only to put it back on a few years down the road. I can only hypothesize that this is because while they addressed the issue of eating correctly they did not look internally and address any other issues in their life. I am far from perfect and have issues I try to deal with everyday. I try to access the challenges before me and learn new ways to cope with them.

Legs went well yesterday, I kept my squats tight and finished all my sets and then did some leg presses. For those of you following the exercise schedule I have laid out for you, you will be concentrating on the chest.

Incline dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Decline barbell press - 4 sets 10
Dumbbell flies - 4 sets 10

Be sure to allow yourself 1 to 2 full minutes of rest. Some people like to say when your breathing returns to normal levels again. Which brings me to another issue, if you are not getting out of breath during your sets you may not be working hard enough. The whole purpose of exercise is to keep the body strong and improving your conditioning. If you are just starting our and I have mentioned this before, whether it is walking or any other exercise get to the point where you breathing will allow you to talk but with a little more effort. A labored breath is perfect.

As far as your diet I do want to mention today that like Sir Edmond Hilary conquered Mt Everest you can make the changes necessary to be successful. Now I am no student of climbing Mt Everest but I can say that with fair certainty that there were challenges along the way. I bet there were times when the thought came across everyone’s mind let’s just turn back. Well as history has told us they did not turn back and the rest is just that history. Your body fat will be history as well, just stick to plan.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When you feel like giving up call someone you can count on. Have them talk you down so that you do not eat that cupcake, or bagel. If you do not get the support at home or your current friends make a new one. Get the assistance from anyplace you can.



On another note, I have noticed many hits from countries outside of the United States and Canada. I am thrilled to have you as readers. If hope you all enjoy the blog. Please let me know how you came across it and feel free to share it with your friends.

Thank you for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment