December 23, 2011

How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'

Rant and Tip for December 23, 2011

 Quote: “How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.” Martin Luther

How true this is and that is why now is the time to make those changes!

It is another rainy day here in the northeast of North America. I would rather have the snow. I was just telling a friend I had to go write my blog and that I was not sure what to write about today and they suggested something about how to stay motivated when you have a string of days where the weather is gloomy. Motivation is a funny thing in that on a beautiful day the last thing you want is to be inside throwing weights around. Or when it is gloomy outside you just want to sit inside and curl up with a book or someone special and watch the fire.  For me it is kind of summed up in everything I write. From switching things up like some of the outdoor bootcamps I see people doing to setting big goals and setting the path to reach that goal with smaller stepping stone goals.  Also having that special someone in your life that shares in your quest to be fit can be motivational as well. If you don’t have that someone close to you, you are welcome to come here and comment, ask questions or just read the rantings of a mad man who is obsessed with his physical conditioning and hopes he can get you motivated to do so to.   Thank you Linda for putting this bug in my ear now all I will think about all day is how to motivate my workout partner who has been slacking all week. NO fault of his own but I don’t want him to fall back in to all routines.

Have a great workout!

Tip of the day:
We all have things that come up in life that will keep us from getting to the gym. Sometimes we are doing great and then the gym get closed for a week, or kids need to be taken to college, or even a business trip that is just not conducive to getting your workout in.  There is nothing wrong with taking a week off from your workouts. I do it the week before meet. What you need to do though is make sure you schedule the drop-dead date you will start back in. Stick to this like glue. It is too easy to let ourselves be lazy and procrastinate and just not get back to our healthy fit lifestyle. So Schedule it and stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment