December 12, 2011

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”

Rant and Tip for December 12, 2011

Quote: “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” Franklin D. Roosevelt

President Roosevelt had it right. I doubt he thought any would use it in regards to diet and exercise but here we are. It seems to me that many people don’t establish a new way of life through healthy eating and exercise because they are afraid of change. Afraid thy may fail. This is a fear of fear itself. Let go of these fears, embrace the unknown and allow yourself to be the best you can be.

I often hear from and very often read about someone struggling with his or her diet. Especially when they do not take the time to learn the science behind the diet and or think they know what they are doing. Many diets do not teach you how to eat for the rest of you life. They give you a quick fix and help you lose 20 lbs. or so. Then it is back to they way you were eating before and you are baffled that you put the weight back on. The real key to losing weight for you life is learning how to address the foods that are your triggers. Foods that while they may taste delicious, are actually triggers to your body to store fat, or these foods encourage you to simply over eat. Pay attention to these triggers and stay away from them. They are your nemesis. I know what you’re thinking, “But I love my pasta”. Again I hear this a lot. My suggestion to this is take the time to get your weight under control and get to the body fat percentage you want to be at. Then as a special indulgence allow yourself to have a small dish as a side. Now let me tell you this about pasta and this is from my own experience, if is not the pasta you miss, it is the sauce or other substance that you put on it you miss. I learned after teaching myself what foods are my triggers that pasta and bread are just avenues for me to get to the sauce or other food they carry. I enjoy Alfredo sauce. Man I love the stuff, however I do not put it on pasta. I will put in on chicken or vegetables and for me it fills my craving.

Looking forward to working out today my body really needs to hit the bench. After my 5X5 workout with heavier weights I will hit the some lower weight for speed and fast twitch muscles. I will also be hitting the dumbbells for some heavy work. Something about having 110 pounds in each hand for dumbbell work just gets me jacked.

As far as your workout today be sure to change things a little bit today. Go heavy at first to get the most out of you strength training and then hit some lightweights to hit the fast twitch muscle. When hitting the fast twitch be sure to use a weight that is not to light that you throw your shoulder out. You want it heavy enough to feel it and yet light enough to put it up quickly.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When benching be sure to use an incline, decline and flat bench. This will hit all the pectoral muscles in the chest region.

No comments:

Post a Comment