May 31, 2011

Rant and Tip for May 31, 2011


Well, my friends I apologize for being missing in action. I had a great memorial day weekend and got a lot of Sun, between softball and soccer for my kids I was running all over the place. It is a good thing my days of rest are on the weekend. Although my kids did ask me to run with them as they rode their bikes. Funny how 2 years ago I would not have been able to do that. Amazing what a little time will and can make in your life. Keep in mind at my current body weight I get most of my cardio from lifting. When I have a meet coming up I do add running back into my regimen. On last Friday I had x-rays on my ribs and my blood pressure was 126/68. Pretty good numbers especially since I had not been running. My weight this morning was 165.4. I am at the perfect point for my meet on June 4th. If I can lose 1 or 2 more pounds by Friday that is right where I want to be. I feel like my rant has been al over the place today. Let me see if I can reel it in. Oh, cardio and weight loss. Once you are down to a body fat you are comfortable with you can reduce the amount of cardio you are doing. However, in my humble opinion until you get there 20 to 30 minutes of sweat inducing, hard to talk, cardio is what will help you see results quickly. This week is a week off from lifting for me. I will do some mild cardio to keep my metabolism cranked but mostly rest for this body to get ready for new records.

Have a great workout!

Tip of the day:

Once you have your body fat to the percent that you are comfortable with and you are strength training intensely enough you can cut back on the amount of cardio you do. 2 to 3 days a week at that point will be just right for you. However, everyone’s body is different and some people may need to maintain that level of cardio. Experiment with your metabolism once you hit your goal. Also you notice I mention body fat and not weight or BMI. This is because with strength training the scale can lie to you. You might not lose much weight but you are losing fat. As far as BMI I find it is not accurate for people whom strength train. It still says I am overweight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment