May 2, 2011

Rant and Tip for May 2, 2011

Good Morning All,

Last Friday I did squats and I was not happy with my performance. It felt like I was working hard. but I definitely didn't have the strength I needed to push through some of the heavier weight. I realized I didn't eat well enough before hand. Your body will burn 4 things for fuel. Fat, Protein, Carbohydrates and Alcohol. Now Alcohol may be a fuel source but to your body it is a toxin and is the first thing you body will burn for fuel. We don't to burn protein for fuel because once the digested protein is gone we will burn muscle protein and that is not our goal. That leaves 2 things left for your body to use for fuel and what you will want to burn will be different based on your goals. If you are overweight and your goal is to lose body fat while maintaining muscle and even put some muscle on you will want to burn fat for fuel. To do this your diet needs to be low carbohydrate and higher in fat. Grams of protein for a man trying to put on some muscle should be 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass. In this scenario I like to have some healthy fats and proteins about an hour before my workout. Then with in the first half an hour after the workout have about 30 grams of protein. A whey protein Isolate is great for this. Something like the Isopure I sell on the supplements page. http://kippersdailyworkout.blogspot.com/p/nutritional-supplements-for-sale.html . If you are at a point where you are happy with your body fat% then you can increase your complex carbohydrates and reduce your fats. Notice here when you increase your carbohydrates you lower your fats. In this case I like to have a baked potato or some long grain rice, not white rice, and some protein an hour before my workout and again within the half hour after my workout I like to have a yam and 30 grams of protein again in the form of a whey protein Isolate.   Lastly try some Casein Protein, again I sell this on my supplements page. This is an ideal protein source for before bed. It is a slow digestible protein and the vanilla is only one carbohydrate per serving.

Have a Happy Workout!

Tip of the Day:

Guess what today's tip is about. That is write eating. Have you ever noticed that it seems the skinny people all eat a lot and someone who says they are on a diet no matter how little they eat cannot lose the weight. Well that is because the heavier persons body is in self preservation mode or starvation mode. The person is getting so little to eat their bodies have said to themselves HEY I am not getting enough to eat, I better hang on to this fat till later. When you start eating properly and eating enough you will start losing weight. So if you are hungry, then eat, but make it something healthy and you will lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment