May 24, 2011

Rant and Tip for May 24, 2011

Well I forgot to congratulate all the lifters at the USAPL power-lifting meet last Saturday the 21st. I was at the camping trip for my son and missed this event. It also means I have missed my opportunity to compete in the USAPL Raw Nationals in Scranton Pa. Oh well there is always next year. My friend Brian bench pressed a new PR for himself and pulled 487 in the deadlift. Brian you are a beast my friend. I am still working my deadlift and will see how I do in a meet soon. I still do not know about doing that lift on the 4th we will see. I have not heard how my friends OX and Ray did or even Baxter. I hope they are at the gym on Wednesday to give me updates. Lifting is an interesting sport while you are competing against each other ultimately we all want each other to do well. When you lift at home or in the gym to get more fit you can have the competitive spirit in yourself. Push yourself to do better and get stronger. As we get older it is important at any age to maintain muscle strength. A stronger core will assist you in catching your balance in the event you slip, also as we become seniors strength training will keep our bones strong and less brittle. Of bodies are complex efficient machines that need to be taken care of. The more we keep them in use the healthier we will be. WE WERE BUILT FOR MOVEMENT. Treat your body as a temple and you will reap the rewards.

Have a great workout!

Tip of the day:


Strength training doesn’t have to be with weights, it can be with resistance bands or just your own body weight.
You can get a good chest burn with push-ups, which will hit your core as well. Just because I like to hit the weights hard doesn’t mean you have to, to get fit. Crunches, push-up, and squats without weights are great for the body. Add in some cardio at 30 minutes like burpees, jumping jacks, biking or a run and you have a great day to start getting the body fit. HMMMM I think I will set up a routine for you with out weights that you can start next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment