February 8, 2012

There is only a perfect time to start working towards a goal; right now.


Rant and Tip for February 8, 2012

Quote: There is only a perfect time to start working towards a goal; right now.
~ Byron Pulsifer


We all set goals in our minds but what we do not do is plan the date of execution very well. Many times I hear people say “I will start on Monday”, or “Right after this holiday I am going to get my eating on schedule.” Really though there is no better time than now to get on track. You just need to make the decision to do it and then stay on course.

Today I thought I would discuss your metabolism, not mine , yours. Her is the thing I get asked all the time what do I eat now and how did I eat to lose all the body fat I loss. The thing is everyone is different. If you do not exercise of course your metabolism will be slower. If a person does not have a lot of muscle mass, then their metabolism will be slower. Of course the reverse is true, the more you exercise the faster you metabolism works, at least to a point. Remember if you are not fueling your exercise then you will stall in fat loss as well. Your metabolism will slow down and go into starvation mode and conserve all the fat it can because it is afraid that it will not get enough food. Here is another thing to think about. When you eat 3 huge meals in a day, even if the calories are low, your body is going to store fat for the moments in between meals. Several smaller meals are better because, you body is constantly getting fuel. The brain then tells the body it does not need to worry about where the next meal is coming from and will not store fat so readily. Does this make sense?  I use to be the guy who would eat three huge meals a day and wonder why I am getting fat. My snacks throughout the day are all healthy snacks, actually they are little meals. I was talking to someone last night and mentioned how a snack for me is half a can of tuna, and some green peppers. A mini meal you might say. This works for me, it may work for you.
The call of for me will be cardio at lunch and benching tonight in the bench shirt. I want to convince the guy training me to put 400 on the bar and work on getting down for a touch and go. I think I need that confidence boost. Your chest workout for the day is:

Wednesday: Chest
Incline dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Decline barbell press - 4 sets 10
Dumbbell flies - 4 sets 10

This is a muscle building workout. Be sure to get 30 minutes of cardio in before breakfast or after you strength training session.



Have a great workout!

Tip: Setting goals are easy, remembering to make a plan is the hard part. Be sure to plan the path to success for your goals

No comments:

Post a Comment