February 1, 2012

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”Nelson Mandela


Rant and Tip for February 1,2012

Quote: “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”Nelson Mandela

Education really is the key to being successful in so many ways. Take the time to educate on the eating plan you have chosen. Read the book, ask the questions, get the answers and apply them. The same goes for implementing an exercise schedule. Take the time to learn all the lifts and the proper form so you do not get hurt. I have been learning all of 2011 just how to become better at the 3 lifts and I still have some work to do in that area. I continue to read and try to learn about the eating plan I follow and apply new strategies to follow. I even realize that I have to learn from my own body what is right for me. Be sure to take the time to learn from yourself as well.

I was reading an article last night in the Men’s Health magazine. Don’t worry ladies it does apply to you as well. It was stating something I already knew but thought I could reiterate. It was comparing cardio versus strength training and the benefits of both. Now of course cardio is great for the heart and for increasing your lung capacity, also it can be a kick start to any weight loss program. However your glycogen stores cannot keep up with a cardio session that will run over an hour. It becomes counterproductive at that time. Strength training has the of working like an interval training session. When you strength train you are taxing the body heavily for a few minutes and then giving you body time to rest. During the rest periods you body is accessing your body fat for fuel for recovery. Also since you are having those small rest periods between sets you are not likely to be accessing muscle protein for fuel. If you can start adding some strength training exercises into your program. You can start with body weight exercises first and later move up to weight training. Push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups are all great body weight exercises. Squats done without weights are great as well.
Tonight is my equipped bench night. I will have the shirt on again and I am really looking forward to working in it. With today being February 1st my diet will become stricter. Those foods I know although well on plan that can still stall my weight loss will be pulled from my diet plan. I just want to shed a solid 5 pounds and be ready for the next meet I have scheduled.  No more macadamia nuts, really the nuts are fine it is the fact I end up eating the whole can instead of just a serving. If you have this challenge as well one way to get by it is to put the servings into a snack bag and this will help you limit your intake.

Have a great workout!

Tip: All diets come with a book. Take the time get the book and learn the program. Then after you have completed the book, look to the forums where the diet is discussed and ask your questions. Be ready to listen and learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment