July 30, 2012

You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.”


Rant and Tip for July 30, 2012

Quote: “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” - Charles Buxton


This quote ties into a lot of what I think it takes to be successful in achieving a healthy fit body at any age. First off it really takes time to plan your diet out for the day week and maybe even the month. It seems to me that many of us have become not lazy but find ourselves in situation where we opt for the easy way out when it comes to food. We go for the fast food joint or throw something in the microwave instead of taking the time to pre-cook a healthy meal or just make time to cook a fresh hot meal. We run out of time to do these things and usually it is because we just did not make the time to do it. If you want the time to be successful you need to make that time. Get up a little earlier in the day and plan you meals for the day. Or if you have to be up very early do it the night before so you have a plan for the next day. Once you have a plan you can get you new eating habits implemented.

Exercise is the same way. How many times have you or one of your friends made the statement that I just don’t have time to work out. On most days I work out during my lunch hour at work and then eat at my desk. This is a choice of mine and before I get to the gym I have a plan on what I will be working. I know that time is valuable and I need to make use of it in the best way that I can. I would love to be able to spend a couple of hours in the gym but that is not a possibility at this time in my life. So I schedule what I can, and I make time to do it. Make time for your exercise schedule and if you only have half an hour start with that and work towards a full hour of strength training and cardio. When I first started on the journey to lose fat and get fit I would strength train for half an hour and then perform cardio for another half an hour. I lose a lot of fat quickly this way. It made me stronger and burned fat very quickly. I think the trick was having the strength training first and then the cardio. If I could have made time for an hour of strength training and then the half an hour of cardio I think that would have been best. However I took what I could make time for and it worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.

Have a great workout!

Tip: If you are looking for a workout program you can do at home with little equipment try one of the routines I have set up.
·  Advanced Workout



No comments:

Post a Comment