July 24, 2012

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending


Rant and Tip for July 23, 2012

Quote: Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”  Maria Robinson

I am not sure if I have used this quote before or not but if I did it is worth repeating. We all have a beginning that has already happened. Sometimes that beginning is powerful and strong and is exactly what we need at that moment and time in our lives. Then someplace along the way it becomes apparent you have traveled down a path that does not coincide with the beginning and the plan you had in mind. I was not born fat and certainly when I wrestled way back in High School I was not fat either. Then marriage, kids a home and never allowing myself to be me any more I put on weight, too much weight. It was not anyone thing that lead to me becoming overweight, but I can tell you that once I took control of my life and started a new beginning I was happier. I began eating properly, and exercising and still had time for my children. I have started rewriting my ending and have been much happier since.

Squats went well yesterday however my last set of 5 I rushed myself and from the video that was taken I did not quite hit depth on a couple of them. I have to concentrate and make sure I break parallel. It is funny though. I did have a man come up to me and comment about how deep I squat. He knew right away that I was a power lifter, stating that only power lifters squat that deep. To all of you I say squat deep, break parallel and make each squat count. Lead with your butt and keep your knees from going over your toes. If you need to drop the weight down a bit then do it. It is better to do the exercise properly than to do them halfway. Now I will tell you this I will do a half squat or ¾ squat if my goal is to get use to a much heavier weight. I do this only after I have already done my workout and want to get a little crazy. The goal is to get that heavy weight below parallel at some point.

Had a great dinner last night, portabella mushrooms caps stuffed with spinach, cheese and Italian sausage. It was delicious. All of it on plan and was a nice change to the bland way I normally eat. Dieting does not have to be boring but it can become boring if you let it. As many of you know I follow a low carb lifestyle and for me it works. At this point in time the main things I stay away from are simple sugars, or simple carbohydrates. No breads, no pasta and nothing with more than 5 grams of sugar per serving. 

Have a great workout!

Tip: There are many successful dieters out there with their own list of recipes on their blogs. Please visit some of my friend’s links they are masters of recipes that follow plan. Baylor's Living Atkins Daily Cori's Recipes Rebecca Latham at My Low Carb Road to Better Health Susan's Diet Page LowCarb Wahooo

No comments:

Post a Comment