July 31, 2012

Are you deliberate in you planning?


Rant and Tip for July 31, 2012

Quote: “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” Audre Lorde


The way I like to take this quote is to let myself be deliberate in my planning and efforts, and yet not be afraid if I stray from the path. Eating properly seems to be my biggest challenge lately. Oh I follow my own rules pretty much but there are days where I will consume to much of a good thing and then pay for it the next day. Cheese can be one of those foods for me sometimes. I have written before how macadamia nuts can be a down fall for me and I have stopped purchasing them for that reason. I just love those too much to eat one serving. So I am deliberate in my efforts to eat well. I will not be afraid to succeed again to get my body fat down to single digits. That is all it is going to take for me to make my weight class for Nationals at the end of August. It really is only 5 pounds that I need to lose. As I continue to get stronger it is harder and harder to make the weight class of 74 kg. Not that I cannot. Heck last two meets I did I weighed in 2 pounds light. I just need to be a little more deliberate. You may find that is all you need to do as well to break a stall in weight loss or even just to get started. Be deliberate and do not be afraid of what lies ahead.

I listened to my body yesterday and gave it a day of rest. My shoulders were sore from benching on Sunday and my body, to put it simply was spent. I needed the rest and took it. Squats will be the call of the day and I am looking forward to them. Each rep must be below parallel and meet worthy. Tonight it will be cardio before bed. Cardio will benefit me greatly in losing the last 5 pounds for the meet. I am very comfortable walking around between 168 and 170 and cutting for a meet does not bother me at all. The other benefit of cardio is that my strength training session go better as well. If you have a well conditioned heart the oxygenated blood can get to your muscles more efficiently and keep the muscles pumping for a stronger workout. The last thing you want is to be winded with 400 pounds on your chest.

Have a great workout!

Tip: You can do cardio most days of the week - With strength training, your muscles require rest to recover and grow stronger. Cardio can be done most days of the week without worrying about injury or overtraining.

No comments:

Post a Comment