July 25, 2012

The past has no power over the present moment.”


Rant and Tip for July 24, 2012

Quote: “The past has no power over the present moment.”
Eckhart Tolle

The mistakes we have made in the past may have affected where we are today, but at the present moment you are in complete control of what happens next. It is at this very moment you need to decide what you want to put in your mouth or at this very moment that you decide and follow through on your exercise program. My past was filled with Little Debbie snack cakes and pasta and other foods that just were not good for me. The past when I use to purchase these items, have no power over me now. They are not the foods I choose to eat now. 

When we go out to eat, even though we may seem to eat on plan it is possible to put on a few pounds from that meal. It can be a shock when you step on the scale the next day. I like to go to a Chinese buffet occasionally and inevitably every time I step on the scale the next day I am up two pounds. I do not use a lot of salt on my food and truly believe that it is the sodium in the food that bloats me up a couple of pounds. Of course I am drinking at least two large glasses of water with the meal as well and all of that gets retained. My point here people is do not panic over one meal that seems to have added weight on your body. It may just be water that is being retained.

Training in the bench shirt went pretty good last night. Not as well as I wanted but pretty well just the same. Today I am thinking a little shoulder work and some cardio. I have to get my cardio in on a regular basis and get my body down from 11.7% body fat to around 9 or 10% for the meet August 25th. I have some hard work ahead of me but I will get there. I always do.

Have a great workout!

Tip: If you are a beginner try this workout schedule and let me know how it works for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment