July 6, 2012

It is what is within us that really counts!!


Rant and Tip for July 6, 2012

Quote: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson



I knew I had heard something like this quote before, it is nice to find it in its entirety. As we look at any task ahead of us whether it is losing the body fat on our bodies or accepting the challenge of a new training regimen it is the drive within us that matters most. It is the want and desire to become something we are not right now that will get you to the goals you want and have set for yourself.



I hope you all enjoyed the story of Fred Seeburger, I do not know how anyone could read that and not be inspired. 

Today we are back to our regular format.

Let’s talk on how this quote applies to your diet; this will not be a difficult task. As you read the quote, you already know what lies behind you, in some cases it may be a bigger behind than you want to see. I know that feeling. However what we really have to consider are the factors that have attributed to the weight gain. In some cases many of us have turned to food for comfort. We have gone through some rough negative times in our lives and our closest and most available friend has been food. I know of a few people like this. However, they also know this about themselves. They have said it out loud and proud and know it is their biggest challenge. Recognizing this lies within. The acknowledgement and then addressing it, is the strength within you. We all have this strength, some people tap in to it easier than others. Some have to work at recognizing it and then using it in their everyday life. I want to tell you if you are struggling with you weight loss, do not look behind at your mistakes, and don’t worry about what lies in front of you. Look with in and draw on the strength that is you and apply this strength to staying on course. You can do this.

Now as far as strength training, while sitting here it hit me that this quote is a wakeup call to any lifter or person doing strength training, barring any injuries we need to strive to get to the next level or we become stagnate. Last year I hit a double body weight bench press. I then trained in the bench shirt for several months and actually lost some strength in the raw bench. That really annoys me. I need to look back just enough to make me tap into my inner strength and get back to that level. I want and will get a 340 raw bench by November. It will take a lot of hard work and training. Perfecting my form and building my strength and preparing my central nervous system. You as someone just starting and exercise program or some who has been exercising for some time can achieve your goals by looking within as well. Look at what you want to achieve and determine if it is realistic and can be achieved in the time frame you hope to achieve it in. Let’s all hit our goals and achieve things we have never achieved before.


Have a great workout!

Tip: Set some time away once a week for self reflection. Analyze what made you successful in your diet and exercise programs and what may have hindered your success. Improve on the successes and reduce that which hinders you.

No comments:

Post a Comment