July 17, 2012

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra


Rant and Tip for July 17, 2012

Quote: The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.  ~Jimmy Johnson

I found this funny yet interesting quote by Jimmy Johnson. By putting a little extra into our daily lives we can achieve extraordinary things. Many people have lost a hundred pounds or more and others will look at them and say that is extraordinary. I assure you that these are ordinary people that just put in a little extra effort to do something that is extraordinary. You can read success stories on any diet website and the one thing you will find is that the all have had something that made them put forth the extra effort to achieve their goal. It is time for you to do something extraordinary, set your goal, put in a little extra effort and push to achieve that which you want.

Yesterday was squat day and I know I pushed hard. Finishes my 5 sets of 5 and moved on to over loading again. Man that felt heavy. I tried to bring down 500 to a few inches above parallel and failed miserably. I did walk out with it and did a quarter-squat with ease for a set of 2. I am thinking that maybe that was just a bit too much for this old man for that particular day. Today will be heavy core and hopefully the erector muscles in my back.

Diet is good and with a little extra effort in tracking I thing I can continue to get stronger and make weight without a problem August 25th for the Bench Press Nationals. I really would like the opportunity to make the world team again.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Sometimes the lower back muscles get neglected in core training programs, but having a strong lower back is vital to overall core strength and injury prevention. Be sure to work you lower back with back extensions and good morning on your core days.

No comments:

Post a Comment