September 16, 2011

We do not stop exercising because we grow old

Rant and Tip for September 16, 2011

Quote: We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising. Dr. Kenneth Cooper

I find it interesting some many quotes can be found basically stating that exercise is the fountain of youth. At least that is how I take the above quote. Or maybe I should make that my quote. “Exercise is the fountain of youth” Jim Kipp. Let’s see if that takes off. I doubt it will. LOL

I started back exercising in December 2008 and have not looked back. I was 46 years old and had started to grow old, with the exercise it was like the clock turned back. However, even with the exercise I was incorporating into my daily routine I was missing an element. That was a change in diet. Once I made the change in my diet the weight came right off. I ate very well and was never hungry. I controlled my carbs, protein and fats and stopped drinking alcohol. I will have a glass of bourbon every once in a while, which is not even monthly at this point.  I made those changes for myself. It didn’t matter that other people were calling me fat. I had to get to the point I wanted to do something about it.  ARE YOUR READY?

On a more serious note I have some friends both online and around me that have battled addictions. Whether it is alcohol, or some other type of drug. The people who have beaten these addictions are the real heroes. First they recognized they had a problem, whether through an intervention or just by their own free will. Some enter a drug abuse rehab center others find other ways for help. It seems to me drug abuse rehab has to be the one of the most difficult things to go through. I do not have first hand experience in this matter but have see it tare some families apart. If you or a family member are in need please get help. One such facility is the Birmingham rehab center.

Now back to working out. Did you know that working out is a healthy addiction. In this respect I am an addict as well. I look forward to my workouts 5 days a week and even sneak in a 6th day every now and then.

Have a great workout!

Tip:  Take Control of What You Eat! There are few things that we have complete control over, but what we put in our mouths is one of them. We don't have to lose control in a restaurant or a friend's home, and we don't have to eat everything that's put in front

No comments:

Post a Comment