July 7, 2011

Rant and Tip for July 7, 2011

I want to talk about comfort today. Now this can mean many things, working in your comfort zone, being comfortable with your surroundings or even just being comfortable in the clothes you wear. Now when I work out I am no fashion plate. Comfort is what is important to me. I don’t like extra clothing hanging on me when I work out. No big bulky sweatshirt for me and as far as sweats or shorts it all depends on what I am working on for the day. I like to do my squats in shorts. You may be different. The thing is you need to feel comfortable in your workout attire. The building where I work out has many doctors and nurses in it. Of course they all work out in scrubs. I was talking to one of the doctors and he said simply they are just so comfortable. They are lightweight and can wisk the sweat away from your body. So I started checking scrubs out as a clothing option for working out. I found http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/ and will be checking them out. They sell a full range of scrubs for men, woman, and children. If you are not comfortable when you workout it is likely to become a chore for you and you will not enjoy going to the gym or working out at home. Also while I am talking about it let’s address the issue of the person who thinks the gym is a pick up joint. I mean really when someone is working out, whether it is pumping some iron or getting their cardio in, that is not the time to be asking for their number. Now I am all for an experience lifter helping someone they see using bad form, but let’s make sure it is for the right reasons. If you do want to meet someone please wait till they are done working out and have taken their shower.

Have a great workout!

Tip:
Be sure to try different clothing to coincide with your workout for the day. Like I said above when I do squats I like to wear shorts. When I bench it either has to be a tight T-shirt or sleeveless, that is just me. Oh and go ahead and try the scrubs and let me know how you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment