September 4, 2012

Will you learn From Yesterday?



Jim Kipp, Jeff Haddad, Steve Petreznic

Rant and Tip for September 4, 2012

Quote: “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” Albert Einstein

 Hello and I hope I have not lost any of my readers. It has been an extremely busy week. It was Labor Day weekend and the children are getting ready for school to start. They start today and both are looking forward to the coming year.

 Since the USAPL Bench Press Nationals last month, I have been busy learning from the experience, living for today and looking forward to tomorrow having learned from my mistakes. I am always questioning my previous days menu, Did I get enough protein, did I get too much, enough fats or not enough, are my carbohydrates where I want them to be. Every day is a learning experience when it comes to diet and exercise. Sometimes it is just a matter of listening to our bodies, which can be harder than it sounds. You know it speaks a different language. You need to know the difference between “Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness” and actual joint and muscle pain from a tear. You also need to listen to how your body responds to other foods. For instance on the flight back from Palm Springs I indulged in a higher carb count and a higher sodium count than my body is used to. I saw a 4 pound weight gain over night. Of course as the sodium left my body and my eating was right on track that 4 pounds fell off in 3 days. We all know Albert Einstein was a very intelligent man, what I think made him the man he was, was his ability to question things. You may think you have all the answers but did you ask the right question. For instance if you attempt a new personal best in a lift but fail miserably, the question may not be “Am I strong enough”, the question could be did I eat enough of the proper fuel for the day or, “Was my form good enough”. You need to ask the right questions.

Your diet is the same way, be sure to ask the right questions regarding the, little slips in your daily menu. The question should not be “Why did I eat that” it should be “How to I keep from doing that again” or “How do I set myself for success for next time.” Learn from yesterday, do not dwell on it. Live for today, do not fret over the future, plan yes! Fret No! And of course do not stop questioning your own path for success.

While I am talking about asking the right questions and learning from yesterday it comes to mind how I recently had an issue with medical records. I was frustrated and thought there has to be a better way for billing. Being an IT professional and in the insurance field I know there is such a thing as Medical Records Software. All facilities should be using software like this now and that includes Long Term Care facilities. Optimus EMR has developed Electronic medical Records Software that will help save money by reducing duplication of task and increase the efficiency of information transfer. It is HIPPA compliant and maintains a high level of accuracy which make the system proactive instead of reactive.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Try keeping a daily log regarding how different foods affect your metabolism and your mood. Sometimes you will find specific foods; while you may enjoy them they are actually toxic to your body in other ways. Can you say too many sugar alcohols? Now there is a toxic food substance for my body. Stand back folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment