August 28, 2012

Never give up and always come back fighting


Rant and Tip for August 28, 2012

Quote: “I’ll Be Back!”

OK just have to say it was a great meet in Palm Springs and I need to thank my trainee and Avi Silverberg for helping me in and out of my shirt this past Saturday. I did better than I did at worlds and know that I will continue to improve. I took second place in my age and weight division. I know I have a lot more in me. I am actually hoping to open up with over 400 lbs. (180) kilos next time. I am starting to believe and this is after talking to a lot of lifters I may be opening to light and the it is just taking to much out of me to touch with a lighter weight. I am also going to start working with a larger shirt but tighter sleeves this way I can lock my shoulders in tighter for the heavier weight. Let me work on that and “I’ll be back”

You can be back as well if you happen to stumble with your diet that is. We all have slip ups in our diet regimen and when this does happen it is best to get right back on the horse and get back on track. Do not dwell on past mistakes just move ahead with determination and a plan to stay on track. You can do this and you are so worth the effort.

As far as your exercise regimen I want to talk about stretching. Many of the stronger lifters in the meet this past weekend were doing a good amount of stretching, from stretching the hips and groin muscles to the back and shoulders. You see it does not matter what type of exercise program you follow stretching is very important. I have learned that my quads are very tight and if I can stretch them some more I may be able to get my feet back more and incorporate a bigger arch. This along with stretching my rib cage and back will make some big changes in my bench.

Have a great workout!

Tip: For some great quad stretches you can go here: http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Stretch-Quads-16451344

No comments:

Post a Comment