September 24, 2012

Why do we limit ourselves?



Rant and Tip for September 24, 2012

Quote: “Stop thinking in terms of limitations and start thinking in terms of possibilities.” -Terry Josephson

All too often we put limitations on ourselves. We make statements to ourselves saying “I cannot do it”, or “I do not think I will ever get here”. My question becomes then why not! If we continue to put road blocks in our way then there is absolutely no way we will achieve the goals we strive for. Life in general puts many road blocks in our way, it is up to us to tear down these blocks and get past them. Sometimes the challenges we have are truly mental. We think and act a certain way because we believe that this is just how it is and always will be. Again this is not true. God has given us all the ability to achieve great things. We need to find it within ourselves to move toward those great things. Great is a relative term. For some people a great thing may be losing 100 lbs for someone else it may be great to lose only 5 pounds that they have struggled with for years. Do not set limitations on yourself, start thinking of the possibilities that lay before you.

I have been playing with my diet lately and have realized I have been under eating. Yes, you can gain weight under eating as well as over eating. I have actually put on a few extra pounds. I still have my six-pack and even see striations in my shoulders and to be honest with myself and you my readers do believe some of the added weight is muscle gain. With that said with the increase of calories came an almost immediate weight loss of 2 pounds. This put me in the perfect range for my next meet. I have read and heard many people speak of a body going into starvation mode and I have even mentioned and spoken about this phenomenon myself. This just solidifies what I have read and preached. Phew glad I was right. If you are exercising intently and watching your diet but are not losing any weight consider increasing your calories to fuel your body and possibly watch the scale go down.

I will be benching today with the meet in Albany just a month away I want to hit my opener and maybe my second lift each week and save strength for the big and final lift. I want my body to be use to handling heavy weight so the day of the meet it all feels light. If you plan on working chest today here is a workout you can do and all of this can be done at home with dumbbells. Obviously this is not my workout because my needs are different from yours.
Incline dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Decline barbell press - 4 sets 10
Dumbbell flies - 4 sets 10

Have a great workout!

Tip: When performing any dumbbell workout it is important to keep your entire upper body tight. Focus on your shoulders, back, chest and core and tighten everything up. This will give the entire body a workout and help avoid injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment