August 26, 2011

Rant and Tip for August 26, 2011

Quote of the day:

"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." By Carl Lewis

With my meet coming up I thought this quote was most fitting. However as I read it, it takes on a much broader meaning. I was on the Atkins forum yesterday and I was reading some comments that were made. Someone was concerned on being able to stay on plan. Concerned with being able to continue through plateaus and stalls in their weight loss. It is confidence that they need. You need to have the confidence to know you can make the changes you need to make.

Good morning everyone. I am feeling pretty good at this point and even worked my bicep a little some light curls. I still have to be careful though and cannot go heavy yet. Triceps went very well though. That is the last workout on my arms till after the meet. I will let my muscles de-load for the next week until September 3rd. Lately it seems I cannot get enough of the gym. I cannot imagine what I am going to do next week. I guess for one my workout partner will get pushed to his limits. He is off on Wednesday next week and I leave on Thursday, so he will get pushed hard on Monday and Tuesday.

My diet the past week has been very clean. I have watched everything I put in my mouth while making sure I am still getting the calories I need and the protein as well. I want o make sure I am not getting into a catabolic state. A catabolic state is a condition that is mainly caused by excessive training coupled with a lack of adequate nutrition, especially protein. It results in numerous undesirable side effects in the body, such as extreme fatigue, joint and muscle pain, and sleeplessness. I need to stay in an anabolic state and to do that I have been making sure my protein levels are up and I take casein protein before bed. Casein protein provides a sustained slow release of amino acids into the blood stream; sometimes lasting for several hours which is perfect for while I sleep. I use Ultimate Nutrition’s Casein Protein. It is affordable and the flavor is great. It contains only 1 net carb and 24 grams of protein.

Have a great workout!


Tip:
Don't compare yourself to others. We’ve all seen them, those toned, 3 percent body fat specimens who strut through the gym in their shorts and sports bras. Don’t compare yourself to them, they may work hard but also may be genetically gifted. Do not let them deter you from your goal. Keep your eye on your prize, not theirs. You do not have to have a complete 6 pack to be successful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment