August 15, 2011

Rant and Tip August 15, 2011

Quote of the day:

People say that losing weight is no walk in the park. When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem. ~Chris Adams


Good morning all, did you miss me? It may take me a little while to get back into the swing of things here but I assure you I will. I was standing in the kitchen this morning and deciding what to have for breakfast when it struck me that this is exactly how we sabotage ourselves. It would have been very easy to grab a Pop Tart or some sugary granola bar for breakfast instead of holding to my chosen eating plan. I opted for 4 fried eggs and some left over chicken from the night before. Yes Chicken for breakfast why not! I often find myself not having a traditional breakfast. How did we get to a point of thinking certain foods are only meant for certain times of the day. Give me a Western Omelet anytime of the day. I guess my point here is do not let yourself get trapped into thinking you have to have the same food for breakfast everyday.

Now concerning the bicep tendonitis it is feeling pretty good today although I have to admit during vacation all the swimming on the beach did not do it any favors. It must have been the additional stretching and the pulling motion you do when you perform the breaststroke. I will be making another appointment with the physical therapist today. I am currently happy with both my sports medicine doctor and physical therapist. Both are personable and realize that I have goals to hit.

Sunday I hit the gym and did a mock meet to prepare for September 3rd. I warmed up and opened with a lift of 300lbs and then went for 315lbs. I had a couple of guys spot me and give me the calls for the USAPL meet. A start command, a press command, and a rack command. I nailed the two lifts and when I nail them on September 3rd I will decide then what my third lift should be. My weight is good at 166 this morning and I will hit 163 in plenty of time for the meet.

One of the things I am finding difficult lately is how to help you all. Things that I think are important may or may not be important to you. So send me those emails and let me know how I can help.

Choosing to take the journey from Fat to fit is a path that can take many twist and turns. What worked for the first couple of weeks may fail you for the next few. Remember I have stated in the past the body is an amazing machine and becomes very efficient at what it does. This includes how it burns food for fuel. As you track your food intake you will find foods that you need to stay away from. For me as I get closer to my competition weight I have to stay away from macadamia nuts. I don’t know if it is the salt or the fact I have to eat the whole jar once I open them. (Probably the latter) You will find foods that you have to avoid as well. Everyone is different. Secondly do not sit back and say you do not like vegetables. There must be a vegetable you enjoy, and no corn is, a vegetable it is a grain. We all have the vegetable we do not like. For me it is wax beans. YUCK. Instead give me any leafy green veggie, or a sundry of other delicious green vegetables, including cauliflower. The dietary fiber in these foods is essential to a healthy diet. Find the veggie you love and just find additional ways to prepare it and you will be much happier.

Have a great workout!

TIP:
Write down your progress (your weight, body fat percentage, tape measurements, the amount of weight you can lift for a specific exercise) but only compare it on a long timeline. If you compare to soon you may get discouraged. This does happen to me sometimes. I will weigh myself everyday. This can negatively affect my muscle growth because I get to worried about the scale. Measurements are work best for me. That and having my body fat % calculated. If my body fat is in the range I want then my scale weight does not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment