August 19, 2011

Rant and Tip for August 19, 2011

Big Day today, It is the start of the USAPL Powerlifting National Championships. The ladies will be lifting today. Katia has told me she starts at 9:00 AM sharp. As I said yesterday good luck to all my friends who are lifting in this event. One of the competitors is Rick Cancelino, he is one of a few guys who actually body builds and crosses over to power lifting. It really is two different disciplines. He is the only guy I know personally that does perform and perform well in both. Good luck to you Rick. I will be watching my friends and rooting them on from home. Next year I hope to be with them. Here is the link to the live stream  USAPL

Yesterday I work back and shoulders paying special attention to the lower and middle trapezius muscles. They seem to be weak compared to my chest and shoulders. As I strengthen them the impingement in my shoulder should ease up and that will help my bicep tendonitis. I am glad I now know what is causing the tendonitis. It will take some time to even things out but I am determined to accomplish this goal. Tomorrow I plan on hitting my arms as hard as they will take it. Triceps will be hit pretty heavy then biceps and forearms. I will have to see how much the biceps will take. I still have to be careful. With the cable machine I will be able to really hit the triceps. Sunday assuming my triceps feel rested I am going to do another mock meet.

As many of you are aware I do live a low carb lifestyle. In doing so when I eat my complex carbohydrates I time them around my workouts. I enjoy a baked potato and a yam around my workouts. I will sometimes have a baked potato an hour before my workout and a yam with in the first half an hour after my workout. My thought on this is I will burn those carbs during my workout and since I have the yam along with my protein after my workout my metabolism is so cranked up that those get burned as well. They will also help fuel muscle repair. When I was very over weight I chose to watch my carbs very tightly and didn’t allow myself the potatoes. Now that I have met my goal body fat % I do have the potatoes as part of my diet. When you do the math compared to the average American I am still eating a low carb diet.

Have a great workout!

Tip:
Schedule your workout during quiet hours – Don’t put exercise time in a place where it will easily be pushed aside by something more important. Right after work or first thing in the morning are often good places to put it. Lunch-hour workouts might be too easy to skip if work demands start mounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment