April 29, 2011

Rant and Tip for April 29, 2011

My DOMS is feeling better today but definitely not fully healed yet. My shoulders back and chest is sore today. Sometimes DOMS is worse 2 days later. That is the case for my chest today. I guess it is going to be a good thing that I am working legs today. I am going to do squats and start light and work my way up. My first sets will be very deep and keep them breaking parallel as they get heavier. I CAN DO THIS. 400 squat someday remember! I noticed the hits on the blog were a little light last night. I sure hope you are not losing interest in you exercise regimen. Making a permanent change in your life style is not easy but it can be done. It usually takes 21 days to create a new habit. Then that habit can become a passion, as it has done with me. I think this has brought me to the


TIP OF THE DAY:
Staying motivated can be a real challenge. Many people tend to unintentionally give up. What happens is they start out just missing one day, and that one day becomes two and so on. Well one way you can do to help is to keep a workout log and on you daily planner make sure to put in your workout times. I know, I know you are thinking "Jim you just said the other day flexibility in your workouts" . You are right I did, but if you are the type of person who needs the structure to get the work out in they write it down and make it part of your to do list. Listen here is the thing, when you work out it helps your mind body and spirit. Your mind gets sharper as you are getting the blood flowing and working out releases endorphins, your body will become physically stronger and your balance will improve, as we get older we all know that is important. Your spirit will thank you with a can do attitude in anything you do.  So stay motivated anyway you can. Print this blog, put it on the refrigerator, Create a log, Print my picture down and throw darts at if you have to. Just keep moving,

Have a Happy Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment