October 31, 2011

The tools that allow for optimum health are diet and exercise

Rant and Tip for October 31, 2011

Quote: As I mentioned previously, the tools that allow for optimum health are diet and exercise.
Bill Toomey


Happy Halloween Everyone! Last Friday we dressed up at work and I went as Clark Kent. It was a lot of fun and in the morning when I stopped for coffee shop that happens to sell truly sinful bagels a child said to his parent, Look dad it is Superman. It was very cute and the little boy’s sister proudly stated she was going to be super-girl. How sweet was that? Truth be told the shop is a bagel franchise and they truly have some delicious bagels. Which I do not partake of anymore. I personally have nothing against bagels I just like to get my carbs from a more complex source.


As the quote states above it really takes both diet and exercise to achieve a weight loss goal. If I had a dollar for every person who said I want abs like yours, I would not need the donate button on my blog. They always want to know what exercises I do. I have to remind them although they may not be as developed as mind they already have the abs. They are just covered by a comfortable layer of fat and diet will bring them out. This always leads into a conversation about their diet and if they truly would rather have that bagel or donuts or the abs, sometimes they choose the bagel and donuts and that is fine. It is their choice. I have said many times to make the changes in you life you truly have to be ready.  Are you truly ready?

Have a great workout and enjoy your Halloween!

Tip: Recovery is just as important as training. When you lift weights, you're actually tearing down muscle fibers. It's only after you've completed your workout that your muscle tissues begin the rebuilding process. To allow that process to unfold properly, give your body adequate downtime in between workouts. As a beginner, don't lift more than three or four times a week, never work the same muscle group on consecutive days, and never train a muscle group that's still sore from a prior workout. For optimal results, you also need to maintain a proper nutrition program, which calls for five or six nutrient-packed small meals a day (four, at minimum). Finally, you need to get enough shut-eye--at least eight hours of it. Adequate sleep keeps you mentally and physically sharp for your workouts, and the act of slumber itself accommodates the release of growth-inducing hormones.


No comments:

Post a Comment