October 5, 2011

Being Normal is not necessarily a virtue;


We are a new kind of normal!
Rant and Tip for October 5, 2011

Quote of the day: “Being Normal is not necessarily a virtue; it lacks a sense of courage” Unknown,

I recently found this quote. I was trying to come up with one of my own and just could not make it happen. You see yesterday someone said to me, “That is not normal stuff you are doing!” This was in regards to the workouts I put myself through and the amount of weight I am pressing. I responded “What is normal for you may not be what is normal for me.” I strive to continue to get stronger. I practice having a sense of courage to push my limits and create a new “NORMAL” for me. What is normal for you today will not be normal for you tomorrow. If you continue to exercise and eat right there will be a new normal you. Won’t it be wonderful to look at a picture of yourself a year from now and say that was the old normal me. It may be normal for you now to workout with 10lb dumbbells, and tomorrow your new normal will be working out with 15lb dumbbells. Let’s all strive for a new normal for ourselves.

When you start an exercise routine or work towards changing your routine your body will go through changes. You will hit new heights and eventually hit a new plateau. A new normal so to speak, at this point it may be necessary to make changes to your exercise routine. For me many times this means adding another 5 to 10 pounds to my lifts. Or taking out one exercise and adding a different one. For instance, I have not done hand stand pushups in some time as part of my shoulder work. It is time to start doing them again. One thing I am going to try to do differently is to do them while gripping dumbbells so I can get deeper on each one. Also I am going to do whatever I can without my feet against the wall. This will force me to work on stabilizing my shoulders to hold my balance. If I am lucky I will get 3 out before I have to use the wall for the rest of the set. If you have hit a stall try increasing your weights or reps. This will help break your stall. If you really have courage, try the handstand pushups against the wall.

Now the big question; do you have the courage to change your diet? Do you have the courage to say no thank you to that piece of cake or pie? Yes it takes a certain amount of courage to sit across the table from some genetically gifted individual who is blessed with the metabolism a humming bird and watch them devour a piece of cake like that of which the boy in the movie Matilda ate. Yes you can have that courage; all you have to do is want it bad enough. Do you want it that badly?

Have a great workout!

Tip: Depressed people can alleviate their symptoms by as much as 47 percent with regular aerobic exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I think that tip says it all....I was at my happiest when I was working out all the time (mind you I wasn't unwell and so many other things BUT that doesn't mean I can't do things) I needed to read that today I think....no scratch that I KNOW I needed to read that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Mr.Kipp...The last couple of days your blogs have been very inspiring...Nice job...and thank you!
    Huggs
    Me

    ReplyDelete