October 27, 2011

In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail." Unknown

Rant and Tip for October 27, 2011

I made the IPF World Team!!!


Quote: "In order to succeed, you must first be willing to fail." Unknown

OMG I made the IPF World Bench Press Team. I am so stoked. I think this quote is really appropriate. If you recall I mentioned my friend Ted the other day and how I was actually reluctant to enter my first Bench Press Competition. Well I did enter and you all are aware and now I have received notification I am on the world team.
The meet will be in the city of Plzen in the Czech Republic on May 23rd 2012. This just means I have to work twice as hard as I do not want to embarrass my country or myself. Holy cow to say that out loud really sends a chill down my spine. I have to make the decision by November 12. I need to raise a substantial amount of money to go, as this will be a week-long event I believe, between flights and working with the world team.

If you are interested in assisting me to the world meet please just click the donations button on the top right side of this page. Any amount will help and I greatly appreciate your assistance.

My diet needs to get real serious as well. I need to eat like a champion while maintaining my current weight. I can lean down as I gain more muscle. I really need to hit some big numbers in to be ready for the worlds. While I train and eat for the world meet please do not lose sight of the fact I am just like you. I was an over weight out of shape unhealthy man with poor eating habits and now after working out and eating right I am a world competitor. This may not be your goal and it was not mine when I started. It is now. Remember I said we need, to keep pushing ourselves and resetting our goals. Well it seems to me that no matter what age we are our goals can push us to new heights.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Today I am looking for tips from you. Any ideas you have on how I can raise the money necessary to go to worlds will be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congrats!

    As for raising money, have you talked to your gym? They might have some creative ideas. And Albany Strength probably has some experience in sponsorship, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Congrats Jim, you da man, you still inspire me to be my best, you are that little voice on my shoulder that brings me back to healthy choices every time !!
    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very proud of you, my dear impressively muscular cousin :-)

    ReplyDelete