October 18, 2011

The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life.

Rant and Tip for October 18, 2011

Quote: “The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life.”  ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave

Good Morning, I found this quote this morning and all I can say is that is what happened to me. My children needed to know I was going to be around as I get older. I did not want to be the dad on the sidelines. I want to be the dad on the field. So I re-established my life. I need to do that again. You see I am broken. From years of being put down and beat up verbally, I got all caught up in listening to people tell me how fit I looked. While I have to address issues I currently have going on in my life, I also know I am no good to anyone till I take care of the home issues first. I became addicted to my friends telling me much they looked up to me. Well I learned a lot from my friends, if they are still my friends. I know that emotionally I will probably always seek justification for all that I do. The thing is, the person I need to work on the most is myself. I need be happy with myself when look in the mirror and not let other people be my barometer. I need to give fully from the heart and not just halfway. I learned this last night.

Benching did not go as well as I had hoped yesterday. I may just need to give my body more rest and I do have a rest week coming up in November. November 12th is the Gobbler Open and I hope to increase my State record. I am also training for the world meet, just in case I am called to be one of the lifters. Today is squat day and again I will concentrate on form. I am told that sometimes as you work on squatting heavy weight your bench will suffer because of all the weight on your shoulders. So for now I will concentrate on my form.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When squatting lead with you butt like you are going to sit in a chair. This will make sure your knees do not go out over your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment