October 3, 2011

Keep your Promise to yourself


Rant and Tip for October 3, 2011

Quote of the day:  Age is mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter!

The other day I was talking with some friends and the subject of age came up. I do not believe the old saying you cannot teach an old dog new tricks, while I am not the oldest guy that works out with the group on Wednesday nights, I am a not too distant second. I am however the newest of the group to start powerlifting. Even the youngest guy has 5 years on me. The guys at the gym often forget how old I am. I do not allow age to get in the way of what I am trying to accomplish. Whether it be getting healthier or getting stronger. You shouldn’t either. If you want the new you go and get it. Young and older alike can be successful in the changes they seek.

Today was supposed to be a day of rest for my body but I chose to work out anyway. I did not hit my PR as I had hoped and wonder if it was because I had worked my triceps hard on Friday and they just were not ready for today. I will get the number I have in my mind, I promised myself. What promises have you made to yourself? Have you promised yourself to cut back on certain foods or made a promise to exercise more? If you have not kept these promises ask yourself why not. Shouldn’t you be the one person you can keep a promise too. You keep promises to the ones you love, your boss and even some you do not know that well. Keep your promises to yourself.

Tip of the day:

 Write you promise on the mirror and every morning read it to yourself. Then while you eat your breakfast write it down again on a fresh piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment