October 6, 2011

Success comes before work only in the dictionary"

Rant and Tip for October 6, 2011


Quote of the day; "Success comes before work only in the dictionary"

Many times people want the rewards before they put in the work and dedication needed to be successful. You need to put in the time and effort to get to the level of fitness you desire. If you desire to excel at anything, you need to work at it. I sometimes worry that new comers to my blog think that this is a place for only the ultra fitness nut, like me. My target audience here is the everyday person that needs help and guidance in there health and fitness needs. Feel free to visit my questions and answer page and send me an email if you have any questions.
Let’s talk a bit about cardio and aerobic activity. Now keep in mind this in my humble opinion. Not being a huge fan of running I do know it is necessary. If not running some other intense cardio workout. Skipping rope, riding a bike, and even high reps resistance training with little breaks can be an aerobic workout. This type of exercise will really help your heart. Having the right exercise program can be a healthy way to keep in shape, as well as reduce hypertension. A regular exercise routine can get blood flowing. It will take anywhere from a month to a few months to see the actual results on the monitor. Healthy heart exercises can get the heart pumping, as well as reducing the chances of suffering from hypertension. A good exercise program can also keep weight manageable. Aerobic exercise fits into the heart healthy exercise category. It is an energetic exercise that can raise the heart rate. Aerobics can include many types of exercise. It will only help if you are consistent and do not give up. If you find it hard to stick to a routine, which many of us do try mixing it up. When you mix it up you keep it interesting. I find that the best time to do this type of exercise is before breakfast. Since you were fasting since the evening before you will get your metabolism cooking and burn more fat as that is the fuel source you have at that point. Be sure to stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water. Man there is that “W” word again. Remember our bodies were built for motion.

Just to put the cart before the horse here, my tip today concerns giving your body a rest. Those who know me also know that I probably do not rest my muscles enough. I like to bring this up because as my own little tip I use this blog to remind myself of things I need to work on. Although I know that the muscles need rest to repair themselves I tend to jump right in and exercise harder and sometimes to frequently. So to “Jim” and anyone else out there that is over doing it, give those muscles a break will you.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Exercise is great, but learn to recognize signs your body needs a break. While exercise promotes a healthy heart, strong bones, reduction in body fat and more, rest is an important...


Lastly I am thinking of offering some online training VIA Skype or some other Video type session. I would use this to help you with your form and answer any questions you may have regarding your exercise routine.

Would you be interested in a service of this type?

5 comments:

  1. Video lessons would be tremendous.
    Keep up the blogging. I love your quotes of the day and the applications they provide in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, first thing I saw when I saw your comment was "testicle comments" WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Videos of squats would be particularly helpful, especially since you emphasize it in all the workouts-from beginner to advanced. This the one exercise I'm hesitant about, because I've never done it before. Poor form could damage my knees and/or back.

    ReplyDelete