October 24, 2011

The impossible is often the untried.

Rant and Tip for October 24, 2011

Quote: The impossible is often the untried. ----Jim Goodwin

Found this quote on a friend’s website and thought I would use it here. Many times people will think that there is no way they will lose the weight they want to lose. They also think that it is impossible to find an exercise regimen that will work for them. My question to you is have you really tried or has it been a lackadaisical approach. Have you not tried the seemingly impossible with an eye on succeeding.

It in Monday and I am not sure as I sit here if I will be benching today or squatting. I think the call for the day will be benching. I like benching on Mondays. On a Monday my shoulders and arms have had time to heal and I usually feel pretty good and ready to go. I will be sure to fuel up for my strength training but at the same time, it is time to start shedding the extra 4 pounds I am carrying around. My next meet is about 3 weeks away and for the first time my daughter want to come with me and I am so excited to have a family member there.

This past week I spoke to a guy about training heavy and the stress it can put on the body. He told me that another reason to get your body the rest it needs before a meet is the stress it puts on the Central Nervous System. Yes you muscles are under a lot of stress but since the messages are coming from the brain to press these heavy weights the stress on the CNS is high as well. Also the part I found interesting of the conversation is that in his opinion while the muscles will heal quickly the CNS takes longer to recover from the stress it get put through when you are moving a large amount of weight. I tend to train heavy often. My gains in strength definitely have high and lows. Since I have yet to hit my gym max in a meet I wonder if this is the reason. Have I been training too heavy for to long? Am I not giving my body the time it needs to recover? Are you working out heavy and are you giving your body the time to recover that it needs?

I ate well this weekend. Although the 2 glasses of bourbon I had last night were not exactly on the diet for this week and I will now have to work that toxin through the body. It is already out of my system of course. I jut like to use it as motivation to push hard in my workouts. I have had a few people ask me to help them with their weight loss goals and all have said they tried exercise and did not lose any more than 4 to 5 pounds. Like our doctors tell us people it takes diet and exercise to achieve these goals. People tend to want the easy way out. We tend to not want to put the effort in to correct years of eating in an unhealthy manner. We want the simple fix. A dear friend of mine has a son who is only 11. He and his father were having a discussion and the boy said to his dad, “I will take the hard way, I will be better for it”. WOW out of the mouths of babes.

Have a great workout!

Tip:. When you benchpress the weight, try to bend the bar with your hands. The benefit here is you will activate more muscle fibers in your lats and move the bar in a stronger and safer path for your shoulders.
A sunset from Vacation back in August



 

No comments:

Post a Comment