October 10, 2011

the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet.


Rant and Tip for October 10, 2011

Quote of the Day:  And I believe that the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet.
Julie Bishop

I do not know who Julie Bishop is but she has hit the nail on the head. OK I just looked her up and she is either an actress or a politician in Australia, either way I like this lady. It really is the best buy on the market adopting a healthy eating style and incorporating an exercise program. So invest today my friends.

I wanted to talk a little about binge eating. I use to do that all the time; I would do it every time I went on a diet. It was crazy; all of a sudden I just had to chow down on everything in sight. It would usually happen at 9:00 at night and since bread was always handy and so was the peanut butter, it was a peanut butter sandwich before bed with a large and I mean large glass of milk. Well I learned my lesson and started controlling my food intake. Really I just changed my food intake from high carb, to low carb. I increased my healthy fats and read the Atkins book. Yes this is an Atkins body. To be frank (actually I am still Jim) I do take in more protein than the book states. This is because of the goals I have and most people do not have the same goals that I do. Anyway, I ate moderate protein, 4 to 6 ounces per meal, lots of vegetables, and surprisingly a lot of fat. There I said it FAT FAT FAT….. When you eat fat you satiate the body. It does not need to look for any more fuel than that. I have to say I remember setting my watch to tell me when to eat because I just was not hungry. You may think “Well if you are not hungry then don’t eat you fool”, but you need to eat to keep yourself from going into starvation mode. I still eat a ton of vegetable, and I have found my balance point for carb intake. Anyway back to binge eating, you need to find out what your triggers are, mine was boredom in front of the TV. I changed my habits, switched the chair I sat in and started reading more books. Now the new habit seems to be writing a blog. Find your triggers and try to change them or avoid them. Lastly if you do not want to go low carb try not eating any carbs after two o’clock in the afternoon. I have a friend who is a trainer and she likes to say “Eat like a King at breakfast, a nobleman at lunch and a pauper at dinner.

Today I will be working on my benching, I am going to try a couple of different grips, one a little wider and another a little closer. Every bencher has a grip that works best and is the strongest for them. A closer grip seems to benefit benchers with larger triceps. A wider grip will engage the chest more and if you are stronger in the chest this may be the grip for you. Of course if you are body building and want to focus on the chest you will want to work with a wider grip to keep the chest fully engaged.

Have a great workout!

Tip:  Work your week points! Don’t be afraid to step up to the plate and hit the lifts that are you weakest.

No comments:

Post a Comment