October 28, 2011

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain

Weekend Post for October 29, 2011

Quote: The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain

Happy Weekend everyone. Mark Twain was a very interesting man and humorist. I found this quote by him and thought I would bring it to the masses this weekend. I hope you all take heed to it. The only way you are going to get ahead in changing your dietary habits or implementing a new exercise schedule you simply need to get started. You can do it. With a little dedication and some determination you will succeed.

Shoulders are still sore today from working in the shirt Thursday night; I am sure however they will feel better by Monday. Just two weeks till the Gobbler Open in Binghamton. I will be lifting Raw in this meet, no bench shirt. I have been advised that working in a bench shirt can negatively affect my raw bench. Let’s see how things go in two weeks.

On a personal note as of yesterday it has been 30 years since my mother has left this earth. She was a wonderful woman who to this day I miss dearly. I was only 19 at the time. While she did pass from respiratory disease it was not cancer. It was an alpha 1 anti-trispan deficiency. This is a rare genetic condition. I have been recently tested for this and am waiting for the results. It is not that I feel like I have any of the symptoms it is just that I want to make sure I keep an eye on it. With all the different awareness ribbons like the cancer awareness ribbons, I wonder if there are any for this condition as well. I personally know several people who have had cancer. Some have beaten it and others fought a valiant battle and lost. My cousin Matt was one of the people that fought that fight and lost. Although as I think about it, maybe he did win in that not once did I see that man let it get him down. I am sure it did, but he would not let it show on the surface.

Seeing the cancer awareness ribbons made me look into companies that create them. Pinmart is one of those companies. They offer many kinds of awareness materials, ribbons, bands and even state pins. If you have a function or a fund drive for a special cause you may want to look into them.

If you are like me then this weekend is a 2-day rest period. Unless of course I start to get to excited and feel the need to have some cold hard steal in my hands.

Have a great weekend!

Tip: REST!

No comments:

Post a Comment