March 16, 2012

Whether you run a 5-minute mile or walk a 15-minute mile. It is still a mile!

Rant and Tip for March 16, 2012

Since I will not be posting tomorrow I thought I wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day today! It is funny being short one of my nicknames was Kippercaun. I just took it in stride. It seemed I had a lot of nicknames based off my last name. Kipp, Kippy, Kippo, KipKano, and of course Kipper. Kipper was the main nickname and many friends from HS still call me Kipper.

Happy St. Patrick's Day My Friends
Quote: "Whether you run a 5-minute mile or walk a 15-minute mile. It is still a mile!"  Unknown

In reading this quote what comes to mind for me is no matter where you start, the mile is there for you to finish. Be it walking or running you need to approach that mile with all the energy you have and can muster up to complete the mile to the best of your ability. Being the complex machine your body is your time will decrease as you make it regular routine. Our bodies have the ability to increase its capacity in strength and endurance. Your endurance will increase as you continue to exercise. Your strength will increase as you push it to its limits.

In regards to your strength training I want to make something clear. If your goal is just to maintain a healthy body, strength training is for you to. Just because I strength train pushing harder to achieve heavier goals does not mean you have to as well. Strength training will increase your balance, give strength to your bones and help you walk and sit with better posture. Not everyone is genetically predisposed to but on massive amounts of muscle. You may not have the Mesomorph body type. You may be an Ectomorph or Endomorph.

The following information I found on the Muscle and Strength website. I included it because it may help you in your quest for a proper diet and exercise schedule. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism, which burns up calories very quickly. Ecto’s need a huge amount of calories in order to gain weight. Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups. Supplements are definitely recommended. Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night. I suggest a Casein Protein. Which digest slowly.  Generally, ectomorphs can lose fat very easily which makes cutting back to lean muscle easy for them. Lucky them in this respect.

When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights. Usually supplements may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet.

The mesomorph body type responds the best to weight training. Gains are usually seen very quickly, especially for beginners. The downside to mesomorphs is they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs. This means they must watch their calorie intake. Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best for mesomorphs.

Then of course there are the combination body types. I believe I am a meso/endomorph. I know that if I do not watch my diet closely that I can put on fat easily. It seems to me that unless we are talking a lineman most athletes are mesomorphs.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Look in the mirror today and figure what type or body you have and try to incorporate the correct amount of cardio for your physique. Know your body type will help you understand what is and isn’t happening in regards to muscle gains or strength gains.


1 comment:

  1. running for a mile in five minutes will great effect to body and running will make you lose fat mesomorph diet

    ReplyDelete