March 6, 2012

Presume not that I am the thing I was


Rant and Tip for March 6, 2012

Quote; “Presume not that I am the thing I was.” ― William Shakespeare

“Presume not that I am the thing I was”. Say this out loud to yourself. Now Say it to yourself. As you embark on a new training schedule do not allow yourself to presume you are who you were. You are a stronger willed and if you are hitting the weights stronger in general. One of the things I hear from others who have been successful in their weight loss and body transformation is they sometimes have to catch themselves and stop looking at themselves the way they were. Sometimes it is the simple things like going to the rack with the larger clothes instinctively. Other times it is more dramatic, such as self esteem. It used to really bother me when someone would call me fat and other names around that type of notion. Even after I lost the weight, there was a person who would try to continue to say these nasty things. Finally one day I, looked at this person and said to them is that all you got, really you are going to call me fat, I said I am far from fat! I had to remember I was not the thing I was!

Today I will be training in the bench shirt. I believe my workout will be with about 450 lbs on the bar. I am getting more and more use to the bench shirt and looking forward to the big numbers that are right around the corner. As far as my body weight for the meet in May, I am 166 lbs. Only 3 pounds to go and really if I wanted I could just stay right here and cut down the water weight the day before the meet. The human body is amazing.

I had to great cardio session yesterday and today I will have a session at noon. I am using the stationary bike with the tension up high. This should assist in my squat numbers as well as I am pushing with great intensity and this will help build more blood vessels in the muscle to fuel the muscle better. With the additional blood flow I should see some gains in strength as I increase my squat workouts.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When performing your cardio remember it is suppose to be a sweat inducing session and if you are only to the point where you can walk then you should not be able to sing while you are walking. If you can sing you need to move faster to the point where you can talk but not sing. 


2 comments: