March 21, 2012

Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life


Rant and Tip for March 21, 2012

Quote: “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” Kitty O'Neill Collins

I find this quote funny, really you have no other choice. We have to age. However we do not have to grow old. As I near my 50th birthday this August, I often think how fantastic life is. With that said I also look around at the seniors around and wonder about health care cost. In researching plans for seniors I have come to believe that it is vital for us as we get older to get some type of Medicare health insurance to aid in future health care cost.  I have readers all over the United States and even the world. Many are people who are approaching their senior years or are already there. Some of my friends in Virginia including my brother have a little more time .On the site http://www.va.gov/ I noticed that they have several links regarding different types of insurance, including a for the Veterans of this country. God Bless them.

This week has actually been a week off from lifting as I have a full power meet on Saturday. This does not keep me from the gym though. As I was sitting in the sauna enjoying the heat soothing my muscles I got to talking to a couple young men who were looking forward to playing some college football. They were interested in getting bigger and stronger and I gave them this blog site so they could take a look around. I told them at their age form is vitally important as they do not want to get hurt and suspend any play time. This is even truer as we get older. Improper form will really set you back in you training and weight loss goals. If you do not use proper form you will eventually get hurt and in many cased a person who injures themselves has a very tough time getting themselves back to the gym. So take the time to learn proper form and let’s get fit.

WOW I woke up this morning to 164 pounds. This is a pound underweight for Saturday and a pound over for the world meet in May. It really is amazing what you can do when you get strict with your diet and exercise. Even though I have a meet on Saturday I have been doing my cardio. Not a lot just 20 to 30 minutes a day to get the heart pumping without going into a catabolic state. For many who follow my exercise routines I believe you have chest today.

Chest
Incline dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Decline barbell press - 4 sets 10
Dumbbell flies - 4 sets 10

Have at it my friends and watch your form.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Dumbbell Fly

  1. This exercise should be done slowly, focusing on the stretch and contraction of the pectoral muscles.
  2. Don't pause or let the dumbbells touch at the top of the exercise.
  3. Use a full range of motion by lowering the dumbbells as far as comfortably possible.
  4. Always use a wide semi circle motion when doing this exercise, and don't allow the dumbbells to come too close to the body. 




No comments:

Post a Comment