March 22, 2012

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.


Rant and tip for March 22, 2012

Quote: A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
Steven Wright

I am not afraid of heights as a matter of fact I wish I was taller. LOL Widths on the other had can depend on what we are talking about. If it is a wide back I am all for that.

I was not going to write today so forgive me for being short. OK those who know me stop laughing. Especially you Grizz. Anyway it is 2 days until the meet and I woke up to a pound under the weight class weight. Now I just have to stay there or shed one more for good measure. When you are dedicated to your weight loss you can achieve your goals. Back on February 2nd I weighed myself and I was 174. That is high for me although that is where I will be someday as continue to put on muscle at this age. Someday I may actually compete in the 181 pound class but I have a lot of muscle to put on before I get there.

I want to talk a little about whey protein today. Whey protein is high in selenium. Selenium is an antioxidant mineral that appears to preserve the elasticity of tissues. It delays the oxidation of fatty acids in proteins. Selenium also works closely with Vitamin E to protect the body from free radicals. It may even be a safeguard against cancer but the jury is still out on that one. Selenium deficiencies have even been associated with premature aging.
Some whey proteins even have more calcium than cow’s milk. Calcium is essential for maintaining bone health and hit helps your muscles work. It even help’s with blood clotting and moves elements into and out of cells. I enjoy whey protein the trick here is to find one that you enjoy and do not have to choke down. I like Isopure Whey Protein Isolate and you all already know how much I enjoy the Parrillo line of products.


Have a great workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment