March 19, 2012

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them



Rant and Tip for March 19, 2012

Quote: “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” Unknown

OK, you are probably thinking that how the heck Jim is is going to bring this quote into his blog with a health and fitness meaning. Well for me it is really about how the wrong relationship can destroy your self confidence and lead to bad habits. You have heard it over and over again how a person runs to food for comfort instead for running on the pavement. Sometimes we as human being allow ourselves to be sucked into relationships because we think we want that relationship. Now this relationship is not always a significant other, it can be any relationship with the person is quick to judge or put you down. You may not always have to remove that person from you circle but you do need to take control and responsibility for how you deal with the negativity that is spewed from them. I chose diet and exercise and it has paid me back in many ways. Look at yourself and determine if this is the situation for you. If it is you have 2 choices, remove that person or deal with the situation a different way. You may realize with the confidence you gain through diet and exercise you may just exorcise that person from your life.

My weight today after a long hot bath was 165.8. I am at a perfect place for my meet on Saturday. The meet promises to be a fine event. There will be over 74 competitors and I am looking forward to seeing some strong lifters and possibly be one of them. I have had trouble sleeping at night because my lifts keep playing over and over in my head. I have to be honest though and tell you my work set yesterday did not go as well as I had hoped. My training for the rest of the week will be centered around getting rest and making sure my body is fully healed for the event.

For those of you following the more advanced workout you have legs today.

Squats- 4 sets 10
Calf raises- 4 sets 10
Thigh extensions if doing at home try sitting on a chair with a dumbbell held with your feet
4 sets 10
Lunges - 4 sets of 10 Leg curls - 4 sets of 10

The fact of the matter is, when you do squats your whole body gets stronger. It is one of the big three lifts that impacts the body is such a fashion that it actually encourages muscle growth. As you squat heavier and heavier you body releases more testosterone. Thus allow the growth of more muscle.

Have a great workout!

Tip: I have not mentioned this in a long time, which makes it time to mention it again. It is ideal to use a training log to track both your meals and your training schedule and results. Adding your meal into your training log can help you see what foods are ideal for you and your workouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment