March 12, 2012

Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.


Rant and Tip for March 12, 2012

Quote: “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”  Unknown Author
               
Many times what we want now is in direct conflict with what we truly want for ourselves. You may want that donut now but it is not going to get you to what you want the most. This truly is discipline or will power to achieve your goals. Have the discipline to achieve the goals you desire most.

For those of you struggling with your diet take a moment and think about this quote today. Focus on the big picture not what you want right now. We all fall into that trap. I will sometimes look at a bagel and think to myself “Oh it can’t hurt if I eat just one” or I will think I have plenty of time to get down to meet weight. Whatever the reason is that I desire that bagel at that time, I remind myself what my true goals are. I tell myself that it is just a want and not a need. For me I need to be fit and healthy. Heck how can I help you get there if I cannot stay there myself. You can make the right choices with proper planning and a little discipline.

Training went alright yesterday and I am adopting a new philosophy today. Every training session I will shoot for a new PR. This new PR may not be a new One Max Rep however it might me hitting an extra rep on a weight or even hitting a set that is only one pound heavier. Who knows maybe I increase my OMR by a pound a week and just continue to improve pushing my body to its limits. Raw bench was the call of the day yesterday and today I will be hitting my squats. My last set today will be a PR in some way shape or form. It is time to get my squat.

Have a great workout!

TIP: Sharpening brainpower. The same endorphins that make you feel better when you exercise,  also help you concentrate and feel mentally sharp for tasks at hand. Exercise also stimulates the growth of new brain cells and helps prevent age-related decline.



1 comment:

  1. wow, that qoute is life changing for me, thank you

    ReplyDelete