March 27, 2012

I demand perfection and hard wor


Rant and Tip for March 27, 2012

Quote: “I demand perfection and hard work” Sebastian Burns

I had the pleasure of getting some training from Sebastian Burns. The man is a beast. He increased my bench in the shirt with one session and I expect that to continue over the next several weeks. He pointed out some things to work on my setup and even my thought process. One of the things I need to do better is push my stomach/chest up to the bar.  This will also increase my arch. My back was actually sore after the training session. I was handling some solid weight yesterday and he expects that I will be handling a lot more. I am so looking forward to the next training session.

Losing weight is hard work. You have to work at it, you need to track your foods and it almost becomes an obsession. It was easy to put the weight on and you know a lot of that was just being lazy. Planning is so important so take the time to plan your meals for the day, and then move on to the week. With a proper plan it is possible to get the body you want and deserve.

Exercise of any type is important as well. If you are currently inactive and sit most of the day, start with just a simple walk. If you are already active choose a cardio workout that you enjoy. However be sure to try new things every so often so you do not get mentally tired of the one you enjoy. Once you have a good cardio schedule be sure to add strength training. More and More studies prove that the use of resistance training is extremely beneficial to the bones and mental health as we get older. The more you are able to tax the body the better it will respond with the release of endorphins and even hormones that help keep the mind and body sharp.

Squats are the call for me today. Nothing heavy just enough for make sure my form is good. In the video of my missed 350 you can notice I leaned forward a bit and I cannot let that happen again. When you lean forward you hips pop up a bit and you have to go even lower with the weight on the bar.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When squatting sit back like sitting in a chair

No comments:

Post a Comment