Rant and Tip for June 29, 2012
Quote: “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar
HAHA Personally I think this quote is pretty funny and yet true. People do say that their motivation does not last. Isn’t it interesting that no matter how hard we try to keep ourselves motivated something always seems to steel our thunder. Life will seem to just get in the way and then bang our motivation to get our diet right or are exercise regimen in place is shot. I think maybe we should put together a list of ways to keep you motivated.
- Put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator door, either as you are now, or the way physical shape you want to get back into.
- Workout with people who are not going to tell you that what you just did is good enough. Find someone that is not afraid to tell you to push harder.
- This one you hear all the time, Do not shop when you are hungry.
- Buy the new outfit you want to fit into and hang it someplace you have to walk by it everyday.
- Tell yourself you are worth the effort.
- Write down your goals and post them prominently someplace you look at often.
- Schedule your exercise time like you would a Doctor’s appointment, only a lot more often.
- Put your diet for the day to paper, or on FitDay or FatSecret. Print it and bring it with you!
- Go to bed in the clothes you will work out in the next morning. Her your already dressed might as well hit the gym. Listen ladies do not go worrying about makeup and getting all beautified for the gym. To be honest I laugh at the women who show up all dolled up. I mean really are you there to work out or pick someone up.
- Create rewards for achieving your goal. The reward can be a massage, a new workout outfit, a new CD, a session with a personal trainer, or a new piece of sports equipment - whatever you really want.
- Get rid of the concept in your head your exercise needs to be a full hour. Just get you body moving any amount of exercise will help and the more you get to it, the more you will end up doing.
- Create a mini competition at the office with some friends and discuss daily and progress. A little rivalry goes a long way.
Yesterday was back day for me and it was a great workout. DOMS is kicking my butt right now and I love it. Today will be a heavy arm day. I need to hit the triceps BIG. I need them to be screaming at me tomorrow. I am careful with biceps since the tear of the long head bicep tendon.
Have a great workout!Tip: Well after all the motivational stuff above, let’s just call it a day.
Post a Comment