June 18, 2012

Trick you body to get your exercise in!!!


Rant and Tip for June 18, 2012

Quote: I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.  ~Marsha Doble


OK Today’s quote is on the funny side but I do understand what Miss Doble was getting at. Typically an individual, who has never committed to vigorous exercise, will almost have to trick themselves into doing it. The best way to make this happen is to find and activity that you enjoy doing that will get the heart rate up. In looking for this activity be sure to try new things. I know of a woman, who started a boxing class, you would have never thought she would be the type to enjoy this activity. She however absolutely loves it. It even surprised her. Now she is addicted to not only the boxing class but exercise in general.

This past weekend I help out at a 100% raw Powerlifting meet. I spotted and loaded all day. I think it was a full ten hours on the platform. I have a new respect for the spotters and loaders of a meet now. I must have gone through a case of water Saturday. I was sweating like a race horse. While I was not performing the lifts themselves I was squatting with every squat and lifting every plate. It was a high rep work out. I have to admit to being at a disadvantage to the other spotter Dominic. He was much taller than I am, and younger, for every rerack or catch as a spotter I had to lift the weight higher in relation to my body. Some of Team OMG was getting a good laugh at my expense. In any case I had a great workout and my legs and shoulders were sore Sunday.

I know many of you struggle with diet issues. I had an online friend ask me several questions last night. One thing that came up was a cheat day. myself , I am not a fan of cheat days. Cheat days simply let you know on a consistent basis what you are not allowing yourself to have. Typically the only time I do not adhere to my lifestyle of eating is after a competition. I choose to not worry about anything that I eat for that evening. I like to have dinner with my friends at the meet and will enjoy eating whatever I want for that meal. I usually pay for it the next day because I no longer eat those foods on a regular basis. I guess because of this, it is easy for me to get right back on plan the next day. Now if you are on a ketogenic diet, this becomes a bigger issue than non ketogenic diets. This is because it does put you out of ketosis and it will take up to 3 days to get back into a ketogenic state. This is why I am not a fan of the cheat day. I hope it makes sense to you as well.

Today is my squat day.  I am not really sure how my legs are going to handle this but I am going for it anyway.

Have a great workout!

Tip: If you feel the need for a sweet treat, sugarfree jello can be taste with some real whipped cream. You will be able to satisfy you sweet tooth and still stay in ketosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment