June 28, 2012

Always aim for achievement and forget about success.” – Helen Hayes


Rant and Tip for June 28, 2012

Quote:  “Always aim for achievement and forget about success.” – Helen Hayes    
            
I think what Helen was saying here is to always strive for small achievements. Like small goals and the success will come. If you apply this to your diet, then you need to take pride in each ounce or gram you lose. These grams and ounces add up to pounds and kilos. By aiming for those small achievements you will be successful. The same applies to your exercise regimen. Attack the program with baby steps. To many times I have seen people jump into an exercise regimen after having not worked out for years. This always leads to a severe case of delay onset muscle soreness or DOMS. They are sore for days and decide they will never do that again. 

Many trainers are aware of this and if they are good trainers take this in consideration when they implement a new program for someone. At the same time a trainer needs to push their clients to the next level or there is not growth and hence no need for the trainer.

My diet is tight right now. For a while there my veggie intake was a little on the low side. I have increased my veggies and I love my spinach salads the last few days. Our bodies need the macro nutrients in vegetables to sustain a healthy body and the dietary fiber to keep the digestive system cranking along. Be sure to get your fibrous vegetables in. They will help you stay healthy and keep things moving if you know what I mean.

Today is back day, oh how I love back day. The call of the day is:

Wide grip lat pull downs - 3 sets 8
Seated rows - 3 sets 8 and Single arm rows 3 sets of 8
Close grip lat pull downs - 3 sets 8
Shrugs - 3 sets 8
Weighted or not I prefer weighted hyper-extensions - 3 sets 8

Have a great workout!

Tip: I will go as heavy as I can handle while keeping good form. It is very important to make sure when doing the lat pulls and the seated rows to pull your shoulder blades together. If you are unable to do so then lower the weight a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment