June 1, 2012

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”


Rant and Tip for June 1, 2012

Quote: “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”

I found this quote this morning and believe that many of us truly know what we need to do and we are willing. However for some reason we just do not apply and do. I know what I need to do to be successful in the bench shirt. I am also willing now I must do. You just need to be willing to apply the knowledge you have about diet and exercise to get the healthy body you are looking for. If you need help do not be afraid to reach out to myself or someone close to you that can give you the knowledge you need. The fact that you do this means you are also willing.

OK DOMS has really set into my whole body. While I was training in the bench shirt I was so sore after each session that I had to go without training my shoulders and back. Well I am back in the swing of things and I am looking forward to training 5 days a week and shirt training every other week. Since I am not a youngster anymore and I need to train hard and smart. Tuesday was squat day, Wednesday was my bench day and Thursday was shoulders and triceps. I am feeling DOMS all over and it feels great.

I have been told that working in the bench shirt would hurt my raw bench and while it is too early to tell I have to be honest and say my bench day was terrible. Weight that is usually light felt heavy. I am not sure if it was the jet lag or not. I arrived home at 10:30 PM Monday night from Helsinki, and worked out on Wednesday. There is a 7 hour time difference between here and there. I am hoping that was the challenge.

Today I am going to work my back and biceps. Now that the long head bicep tendon is torn and the pain from the tear is gone, I want to see how my performance is affected. The Orthopedic doc said I would be fine and it was not worth repairing.

For those of you struggling with your diet remember the quote above. Educate yourself about proper diet and apply that knowledge and then just do it. You know you have the will and desire, now just do it.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Drink plenty of water!

People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. So you can end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is really what you need."If you don't like plain water, try adding a lemon or lime, or try infused teas like mango or peach, which have lots of flavor but no calories,"

No comments:

Post a Comment