June 27, 2012

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones


Rant and Tip for June 27, 2012


Quote: “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”  Chinese Proverb

This is true with any objective you have to accomplish. It takes small steps to create big changes. You cannot expect change to occur overnight and you cannot expect to be successful out of the box. It takes time and effort, whether it is your diet or change in body composition. You need to work at it and many times it is the baby steps that get you to where you want to be. The great wall of China was not built in a day.

www.sspnutrition.com discount code 3020
I am asked many times what supplements I take. When I won my first National event I was introduced to SSP Nutritional Supplements. SSP stands for Speed, Strength and Performance. This stuff is the bomb; they sell a package of 3 supplements that give you everything you need. If you buy the system you will not need anything else. On the surface the product looks expensive. However when you breakdown each part of the System it is very affordable. The System consists of a pre, post and maintenance supplement and they all are designed to work with each other to help you achieve your goals. From the Powerlifter, Runner, Professional Athlete to the weekend warrior you cannot go wrong with SSP. Give it a try and if you use code 3020 you can get a 10% discount.

I got to my squats yesterday and feel great today. I am following a 5 set of 5 cycle to get to the point of hitting 380 for 5 at the end of 16 weeks. This should put me right where I want to be for November. My trainee is doing great and she is learning a lot and pushing hard. At the end of the 5 sets of 5 time permitting leg curls are the call. I did not have time to get them in however my trainee did. She pushed hard and even included a negative in her workout. The other thing I like to do is over load the bar and lift a heavy weight to get my central nervous system use to it. If you do not attempt heavy lifts you will never lift anything heavy.

Have a great workout!

Tips: Create a Ritual - Your workout routine should become so ingrained that it becomes a ritual. This means that the time of day, place or cue automatically starts you towards grabbing your bag and heading out. If your workout times are completely random, it will be harder to benefit from the momentum of a ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment