June 8, 2012

How to increase your metabolic Rate

Rant and Tip for June 8, 2012

Quote:
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.


It takes discipline to achieve that which you desire to make your goals become accomplishments. As you take on a lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and exercise program you will need to be focused and be willing to push away the foods that are not on plan. Anyone can go and have the cake and ice cream, but neither of those will help you reach your goal.

The other day I spoke about stoking the metabolism. This is done by eating 6 small meals a day. No processed foods full of sodium and nitrates and let’s not get started on preservatives. The trick is to keep the body fuel throughout the day with good healthy food. The amount of fuel at these meals depends on how sluggish you metabolism is to start with. It will also depend on you physical activity. I am about to start a cycle where I will be hitting 40 minutes of cardio every morning before breakfast, then later in the day intense strength training. This will require me to fuel up at breakfast and then keep the furnace stoked the rest of the day. Think of your metabolism like a campfire. You start it with small sticks and twigs. As it burns you can put larger logs on the fire, dry seasoned logs.  Think of these logs as non processed foods. Green logs would be the processed foods and sugary drinks that most people eat. The more green wood you put on the fire the less the fire will roar. Yeah it creates a lot of smoke but it is not really stoking the fire to grow in to a bonfire. A bonfire is what we are looking for here. As you metabolism starts to rev up you will be able to feed it even more. It will burn hotter and that is the goal for your metabolism. You need to stoke the fire slowly and dependent on your level of activity. Stoke that furnace my friends. Use seasoned firewood (healthy non processed foods) 6 times a day and you furnace will burn hot.

I met with a member of team OMG last night. We discussed training strategies and we are going to experiment with a new process I have been contemplating on doing. As I progress with this new training system I will keep you apprised of my progress. If it is successful I will definitely share the process with all of you. I am very optimistic that this will work.

Today’s training with be biceps and triceps. I have been slacking on pull-ups lately and starting next week will start hitting 8 sets or 8. It has been a while since I have performed them and look forward to hitting them again.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When performing a pull up to hit the lower lat, the first step is to pull the shoulders. Not pull with the arms. Also you will need to try to keep from arching your back. This will engage the lower lat.



1 comment:

  1. I have read so many articles regarding the blogger lovers
    however this paragraph is in fact a pleasant paragraph, keep it up.
    Also see my page: Maqui Berry For Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete